Sunday 15 April 2012

LRP

I managed to catch up with a little ringed plover on Saturday, my first patch LRP since 2009. Thanks must go to Alan Tillmouth, who despite gripping me with photos of the bird on his phone at Thursdays NTBC meeting, taken in front of the Oddie Hide, did me a favour and let me know it was still there on Saturday morning.

I wasn't so lucky to see it front of the hide though. It spent its time on the rocky island at the western end of the pool before being pushed off by a carrion crow. So no photo's I'm afraid.

There was lots of courtship and some copulation going on with lapwings, redshanks, shoveler and meadow pipits all 'at it'.

There was very little else of note on Saturday with no new migrants added to the year list. It was very cold in the strong NE wind and it wasn't long before I headed home.

Sundays visits to the patch were all 'drive-bys' and nothing interesting was noted.


No comments: