Tuesday 26 July 2011

Stormin'

The east coast stormie fest continued yesterday whilst I was at work/pub quiz. How long would it last?

I wasn't going to go to Druridge this morning, I thought I would go for an evening seawatch instead.

A text from Dave Elliott at 8am changed that plan "still stormies in the bay".....I had to go. The first 20 minutes nothing, then the first storm petrel, then another. Three in ten minutes, a full on PATCH TICK, my second of the year following hot on the heals of the white stork back in May.

So I went to work a very happy boy. I returned to Druridge this evening, at about 6pm, for my planned evening seawatch and it was very quiet, other than a south-bound bonxie - nothing, nada, zilch. The visibility gone by 7.30pm as a light mizzle set in.

If Dave hadn't texted or I had ignored it and gone straight to work, it would have been a very different story.

140 STORM PETREL (No. 224 for the patch)
141 Bonxie


2 comments:

Stewart said...

White Stork.....

Warren Baker said...

Only 90 ahead of me Ipin ....:-) nice one!