Tuesday 23 February 2010

Off patch

There'll be no updates from Druridge for a little while. I'm all packed for my flight tomorrow to Fuerteventura, hopefully picking up the houbara bustards displaying and the Fuerteventura chat and you never know, maybe a oddity along the way. A yellow-billed stork has been hanging about there, that would be a nice addition to my western palearctic list!

I am quite relaxed about going away in February, it's a reasonably safe bet that nothing mega will turn up on the patch whilst I'm away. I've not recovered from the stress of last years glossy ibis turning up when I was in Spain and still go through bouts of depression at the thought of the lesser yellowlegs I missed when I was in China in 2008.

3 comments:

Alan Tilmouth said...

Famous Last Words...........

Warren Baker said...

Enjoy your trip Ipin. Fingers crossed nowt happens back on the patch!

Alan Tilmouth said...

Iain you need to go away more often mate, drake Green-winged Teal this morning from the Budge Hide, what will the rest of teh week bring?